What is the endowment’s funding strategy?The foundation benefits from generous donations through individuals and special events. Delano Education Foundation has three strategies for managing the education fund:
Long Term Funding StrategyMinnesota Philanthropy Endowment
- We do not take these funds out. We are allocated 4% each year to either invest in our school needs or reinvest to build the endowment. The larger amount you have in this fund, the more you can fund the school needs.
Mid Term StrategyInvestment Account
- This account is an advisory solutions account that is actively managed by a team of local and regional financial advisors. This accounts also allows us to contribute, but also use (take out) the funds if needed.
- This account also allows us to accept stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
- Goal for growth is 4% to 8%.
Short term funding strategyChecking account with CorTrust Bank
- The account allows us to accept monetary gifts such as checks, credit cards, automatic bank withdrawals, and much more.
- Enables accessibility and flexibility for deposit and approved payments and withdrawal.
- Goal for growth is minimal.